Learn Calligraphy & Design- 4 Week Series
All New In- Person Calligraphy Class Series in 2024!
Early Bird Price through December 1st!
Sundays: January 7, January 14, January 21, February 4
( 4 weeks of instruction )
Charlottesville, Virginia ( Exact Location TBD )
Limited!! Only 10 Seats Available
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT:
Sign-Up Before December 1st & Receive $50 Off The Class Price.
All Supplies Are Included.
Are you tired of struggling in calligraphy to put together the missing pieces from online YouTube or Pinterest tutorials? Do you feel like some classes omit key elements that could propel you to the next level? Maybe you simply can't find a calligraphy class in person anywhere!
It doesn't matter if you are a beginner who has never touched a nib & inkwell or someone who already knows calligraphy & is simply looking to take their lettering to the next level... this 4 week class ( with projects ) is tailored to helping you no matter where you are in your lettering journey. The goal is to get you to the next level whatever that looks like for you!
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
- Anyone At The Beginner OR Intermediate Level
- Crafters & Artists
- Business Owners
- Wedding Professionals
- Anyone Looking To Start A Calligraphy Business
- Anyone Looking To Improve Their Handwriting
- Anyone Looking To Learn A New Skill
- Anyone Just Looking To Have Fun!
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Beginners will learn the basics of lettering using pointed pen methods with professional quality ink and nibs. If you have taken a previous class of mine, this week will be review and fine tuning your current skill level. Some of you more advanced students might get different worksheets then the beginner students. A homework project will be given as well as certain things you will be asked to do leading up to our next class.
We will always spend the first part of class going over the previous weeks assignment and will discuss each persons progress. We will focus on lowercase letters, lowercase letter variations, modern and traditional styles as well as some flourishing off of the lowercase letters. A homework project will be given at the end of class to bring back the next week.
We will spend this class working on uppercase letters in both traditional and modern lettering styles. We will play around with color and discuss how to mix ink to achieve specific results. There will be 2 homework assignments for this week since there will be an extra week in between this class and our final class.
This class will be dedicated to creating a design using what you learned in the prior 3 weeks. You will learn all about layout techniques and how to create effortless designs quickly. We will also continue to work on any lettering issues or interests that you have during our final class. You will have one final fun homework assignment!
What Supplies Will You Receive?
- Worksheets / Guides Each Week
- 1 Jar of Black Ink & 2 Nibs
- 1 Small Jar of Color Ink
- Final Project Paper & Practice Paper Each Week
Here is what you DON’T NEED to get results in becoming a professional calligrapher…
- A Ton of Supplies
- Good Handwriting
- Complex Methods
- Artistic Ability
- Confusing Videos that Omit Important Information
Here is what you DO NEED to get results in becoming a professional calligrapher…
- A Desire to Learn
- A Few High Quality Supplies
- A Little Patience Because Practice Makes Perfect!
Expect Results. Let me help you start your calligraphy journey today!
* Please note: refunds are not given for this class for any reason. If you are unable to make a class, there will not be any class make-up dates. You will receive the class materials and all information for that missed class to take home. I always welcome questions, so any that you may have please reach out if you miss a class. If the class needs to be rescheduled due to weather, please plan on it being re-scheduled for the following Sunday.